Are you 16-24years old and low income? Do you live in either Penobscot, Piscataquis or Hancock County? Are you ready to take charge of your life and find a job that will help you build a career?
If you answered "YES" then EMDC YouthFORCE is for you!
EMDC's YouthFORCE program works with young adults who are homeless, have a criminal record, need a highschool diploma or HiSET, are pregnant or parenting, have a physical or learning disability or are facing other challenges that make finding employment difficult.
YouthFORCE works with each person individually helping them discover their interests and putting them on a path to a successful future.
YouthFORCE can help with things like:
Training & Education Resources such as:
- HSD or GED Assistance
- Vocational & Technical Training Assistance
- Help with college courses
- Certifications inlcuding CNA, First Aid/CPR, ServSafe & many more!
- Assistance with Adult Education programs
Employment & Career Assistance such as:
- Career assessments & exploration
- Career guidance & counseling
- Work Readiness training and direction
- Intensive job search assistance
- Resume creation and interview preparation
- Financial support for services such as child care or transportation costs
- Trade specific tools
- Interview clothing & uniforms
- Connections to community resources
- Tutoring & study skills assistance
- Leadership development & mentoring