Staff AccountantPosted on December 21, 2021
Eastern Maine Development Corporation (EMDC) is recruiting for a newly created full time position of Staff Accountant based in our 40 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine office.
EMDC fosters public-private relationships and leverages resources that help businesses, communities and individuals reach long-term goals and prosperity. Services include Business Lending, Workforce Development, Business Services, Community Initiatives, and Procurement Assistance. Visit us at www.emdc.org to learn more.
As the Staff Accountant at EMDC, you will work with the senior leadership team, and collaborate with the Senior Accountant and General Accountants to develop and implement financial strategies across the organization.
Responsibilities assigned may include:
- Code items such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct account codes conforming to EMDC’s standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
- Handle vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Review, match and attach purchase orders along with all supporting documentation to invoices
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, bank transfers and ACH transactions
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Assist in account reconciliation and closing process on a monthly basis.
- Analyze different general ledger accounts regularly.
- Collate bank statements on monthly basis
- Provide support to auxiliary schedules for auditing purposes as per assigned work.
- Analyze accounts receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
- Prepares, examines, or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Perform other related activities as required to meet department and organizational goals.
Qualifications for this position requires:
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field, and at least three years accounting experience in a non-profit organization, broad knowledge of computerized accounting systems which includes NetSuite, as well as extensive working knowledge of MS Excel and exceptional interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter addressing your qualifications as stated above to: Ashley Bubar, Accounting Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-942-6389
Closing: Until filled