AnalystPosted on May 30, 2023
We are looking for an insightful, detail-oriented analyst to work with our exciting Maine APEX team as they collect and review data and use findings to identify trends and help develop strategies. The analyst will use creativity and technical skills to mine, review, validate, protect, and store data, locate data sources, identify trends, patterns, and anomalies. They will also create reports and presentations and summarize complex information.
To be successful in this position, you should be capable of taking complex data and extracting valuable insights from it, in order to find trends and solve problems. You should be analytical, collaborative, communicative, and detail-oriented. We welcome candidates with relevant work experience, but this is an equally good position for a recent graduate with the right skill set.
The analyst must demonstrate professionalism, have high energy, be enthusiastic, be highly motivated, value teamwork, and have problem-solving skills. They must be able to recognize patterns and trends in data sets and present information that can be used to solve problems and support the development of strategies. They need strong organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. The analyst must have exceptional presentation, research, and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and explain complex information to others.
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify trends, patterns, anomalies, and other helpful information.
- Identifying and validating new data sources.
- Creating reports and presentations to summarize findings
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Identify deficiencies in existing data sets and recommend approaches to address them
- Support team efforts to use data to solve problems and develop approaches and strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present technical information and concepts clearly and effectively to a range of audiences.
- Critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stay focused.
- Willing to learn new things, collaborate with others, and take initiative.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, to organize and execute work assignments in a thorough and timely manner, to work under time pressures and be able to keep several activities in progress at the same time.
- Ability to contribute to a team effort, including working with subcontractors, interns, or other parties as needed.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and analytics and/or database software. Able to adapt to new technology, learn new programs quickly, use computers to improve productivity.
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Finance/Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
- Experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst is desirable, but not required.
General business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, though exempt positions will typically require work to be performed outside general business hours. Work is generally performed in an indoor, professional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen, and regularly required to use a keyboard for typing. The employee is often required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel to different locations and provide own transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Eastern Maine Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.