Welcome to EMDC!
Eastern Maine Development Corporation (EMDC) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1967. The Corporation is located in Bangor, Maine and serves the four Eastern Counties of Maine: Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis Counties as well as portions of Waldo County.
EMDC's service area covers almost 11,000 square miles with a population of 257,334 and is the largest economic development district in Maine. Our professional staff members are divided into three service areas - business, community and workforce.
Welcome to EMDC
Proudly creating economic development opportunities since 1967, Eastern Maine Development Corporation (EMDC) is a non-profit organization that provides leadership, encourages collaboration, and fosters the creation of a thriving economic climate by providing services to businesses, communities, and indviduals.
EMDC has 12 locations, including Maine PTAC offices:
- Main Headquarters, 40 Harlow Street in Bangor
- Bangor Career Center, 45 Oak Street in Bangor
- Penquis Higher Education Center, 50 Mayo Street in Dover-Foxcroft
- Mill Mall, 248 State Street in Ellsworth
- Katahdin Region Higher Education Center, 1 Dirigo Drive in East Millinocket
- Sunrise County Economic Council, 7 Ames Way in Machias
- Maine PTAC, NMDC, 11 West Presque Isle Road in Caribou
- Maine PTAC, TechPlace, 74 Orion Street in Brunswick
- Maine PTAC, KVCOG, 17 Main Street in Fairfiled
- Maine PTAC, AVCOG, 125 Manley Road in Auburn
- Maine PTAC, GPCOG, 970 Baxter Boluvard in Portland
- Maine PTAC, LCRPC, 297 Bath Road in Wiscasset