Rural Transportation System Planning
EMDC offers local and regional transportation planning assistance for communities in Penobscot County, Piscataquis County, and parts of Waldo County (the towns of Montville, Morrill, Palermo, Prospect, Searsport, Stockton Springs, Swanville, Waldo, Winterport, Belfast, Brooks, Frankfort, Isleboro, Jackson, Knox, Liberty and Monroe). We can:
- provide technical assistance on applications for state and federal funding;
- perform traffic counts and collect crash data;
- serve as a liaison between your town and the Maine Department of Transportation;
- develop corridor management plans;
- assess the physical safety of roadways;
- help plan walkways and bike paths;
- and coordinate public outreach surveys and events.
We work closely with the Bangor Area Comprehensive Transportation System (BACTS), which is the federally designated metropolitan planning organization for the greater Bangor urban area, in an effort to provide seamless transportation services between the urban and rural areas.
For more information, contact Vicki Rusbult at 207.942.6389 or email@example.com