About TechHire Maine
TechHire Maine's focus is to recruit, assess, train, and place young adults and underserved individuals into Maine's IT industry.
Participants take part in training and work experiences tailored to their career goals using a customized track approach. All of the tracks are driven by employer demand and provide opportunities to obtain the specific competencies or experiences participants need to meet their employment objectives. All tracks have multiple entry and progress points which allow participants to enter the program at any level and move between tracks.
- Track 1: Provides IT-focused paid internships, career coaching, and on-the-job training. This track is for work-ready individuals who demonstrate core competencies but lack occupation-specific credentials for careers in technology.
- Track 2: Provides an IT Bootcamp, which is an 8-16 week program delivering intensive training in sector-specific skills resulting in industry-recognized credentials. This track is for work-ready individuals with an interest and aptitude for IT, but who require a training program for the skills required for positions in IT.
- Track 3: Provides in-depth, long-term services to prepare individuals for training and employment experiences in the technology field. This track is especially for individuals lacking work experience and relevant skills, or for those who have barriers to employment.
Features for TechHire include:
- Individualized education and training plans based on participants’ needs
- Acquisition of industry recognized credentials and sector specific skills
- On-the-job career development, including internships and paid work experiences
Sen. Angus King at TechHire Maine launch
This project is funded through a TechHire grant awarded to Coastal Counties Workforce, Inc., by the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration under the H-1B Grant program.