This is an opportunity for municipalities and tribal communities to mitigate damage from extraordinary temperatures, flooding, drought, and other consequences of climate change detailed in EMDC’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy. As a regional coordinator for the Community Resilience Partnership, we work with communities to identify and secure funding and other resources to help reduce emissions and prepare for the impacts of extreme weather.
Our team can help identify local priorities, assist with funding applications, and provide technical assistance with project implementation. A list of what EMDC can help communities pursue includes:
- Embracing the Future of Transportation
- Accelerate the Transition to Electric Vehicles
- Improve Mobility and Reduce Vehicle Miles Traveled
- Modernizing Maine’s Buildings
- Transition to Cleaner and Efficient Appliances in Municipal/Tribal Buildings
- Advance the Design and Construction of New Buildings
- Reducing Emissions through Clean Energy Innovation
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Advance Clean Energy Adoption
- Growing Jobs and Protect Natural Resource Industries
- Support Maine’s Natural Resource Economy
- Support Clean Energy Jobs and Businesses
- Train works the skills needed for clean energy and natural resource jobs
- Protecting the Environment & Promote Natural Climate Solutions
- Protect Natural and Working Lands and Waters
- Building Healthy & Resilient Communities
- Plan for Community Resilience
- Reduce Flood Risk
- Strengthen Public Health
- Investing in Climate-Ready Infrastructure
- Assess climate vulnerability of infrastructure
- Utilize climate-ready standards, designs, and practices to improve infrastructure
- Engaging Community
- Increase public awareness of climate change impacts and opportunities to act
- Engage the business community and recognize climate leadership
How can I get started?
Contact email@example.com to learn more about how EMDC can partner with your community to work towards climate resilience strategies.
EMDC is the regional coordinator for Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Aroostook counties. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the coordinator for other counties.